svn 14567

Paul Fox pgf at brightstareng.com
Mon Mar 20 20:59:00 UTC 2006

 > So there are two different problems:
 >
 > /* from <whatever.h> */   <--- This is needed to know where this constants came from.
 > #define DRINK_BEER		1876352098  <--- this is needed to improve the code readability
 > /* from <whatever_2.h> */
 > #define DRINK_WATER        1876352298

 > 		ioctl(fd, ( i < 5) ? DRINK_BEER : DRINK_WATER);

i just went and looked at the commit, and i'm surprised this is
causing controversy.

without the #defines, the code would be unreadable, even with the
comments nearby.  but as now written, the code looks just as it
would if we could include the headers we really want to include,
but can't.  the commentary near the #define statements essentially
documents this.

paul
 paul fox, pgf at brightstareng.com