compile error after adding applets

Allan Clark allanc at chickenandporn.com
Mon Mar 20 10:50:02 UTC 2006

On 3/20/06, 손지연 <jyson at datatek.co.kr> wrote:

> [...]
>
> I'm tring to add my applets to busybox. [..] busybox-0.60.5
>
> because I want to make a bootable floppy disk, so I need to reduce file size.
>
> my applet includes ncurses.h and It has to contain libncurses.a library in the bootable floppy.
>
> but due to size of libncurses I can't contain libncurses.a .
>
> so I compiled busybox with --static -DNCURSES-STATIC -lmenu -lncurses
>
> [...]
>
> ede.o(.text+0x14f7): more undefined references to `mvwprintw' follow
> ede.o(.text+0x15e7): In function `ede_gui_status':
> : undefined reference to `werase'
> ede.o(.text+0x1605): In function `ede_gui_status':
> : undefined reference to `stdscr'
> ede.o(.text+0x160a): In function `ede_gui_status':

Per Denis: plaintext messages get more help.  I don't know if my
chopping of your message will be readable since I was chopping
HTML-ishness-osity-ankenstein.  (It's ALIVE!)

Everyone will ask: why are you using 0.60.5?  It's very old, and you
are giving yourself problems to do that.  Can you tell us why a more
recent/maintained version is unsuitable?

Also, your missing symbols look like ncurses symbols.  Please confirm
that you are linking in the ncurses library.  Maybe post a URL to your
full build results.

If you're really desparate to solve this by Wednesday, contact Rob for
consulting :)  I think he's still open, and would probably do absolute
magic for you, and for Datetek, for some cash.

Allan