two small suggestions for the build process

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sun Mar 5 23:01:34 UTC 2006

On Sunday 05 March 2006 1:11 pm, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Sun, 5 Mar 2006, Rob Landley wrote:
> > On Sunday 05 March 2006 7:43 am, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> > > 1) add "./busybox_unstripped" to the [dist]clean: target(s)
> > >
> > > 2) personally, i would prefer to have the "allyesconfig" target *not*
> > > select "Compile all sources at once."  i like to think of making
> > > "allyesconfig" as building in every possible BB feature.
> >
> > No, defconfig builds every bb feature that's expected to work.
> > Yesconfig enables everything except cross-compiling, and that should
> > at least build.
>
> ah, i hadn't looked at that closely enough.  thanks.

I have the skeleton of a release announcement for the release.  My "insane
plow into mount" on friday turned into writing a spec (since mount hasn't
_got_ one and the problem isn't implementation but getting all the competing
requirements down in one place so I can satisfy 'em all at once rather than
"wait, I just broke _that_ bit").

And of course my darn cold is halfway to bronchitis, but THAT'S NOT HOLDING UP
THE RELEASE!!!!

> rday

Rob

P.S.  *grrr*