svn 14407 broke the repository.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri Mar 3 20:01:45 UTC 2006

On Friday 03 March 2006 11:39 am, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
> >When the path the file is actually at would
> >be /root/busybox/coreutils/libcoreutils/Makefile.in
>
> Looks like doesn't understand the $(notdir) there.
> Can you please try to just drop that whole line? This would not
> initialize the WHATEVER-y:= lists and may barf if we didn't initialize
> them but just say WHATEVER-y+=whatever.c

Interesting.

The line numbering is off.  Although it _says_ it's complaining about line
247, it's actually complaining about line 249, which is:

include $(patsubst %,%/Makefile.in,$(SRC_DIRS))

If I comment that out, it then says "No rule to make target
`/root/scripts/config/Makefile', needed by `scripts/config/Makefile'.

P.S.  Either way it still tries to run the "h;y/[a-z]/[A-Z]/" thing
through /bin/sh instead of sed.  This doesn't appear to be a sed problem, but
a make problem.

> >Rob
> >
> >(Oh, and make distclean isn't zapping libbusybox.*)
>
> You'd have to have CONFIG_BUILD_LIBBUSYBOX (or however it's called) set.
> Perhaps we should just blindly rm -f libbusybox.* ?

Probably a good idea.  It's reasonable for "make clean" to depend on
your .config to work right, but make distclean shouldn't.