revision 14426 can't be built

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Thu Mar 2 18:22:15 UTC 2006

On Thursday 02 March 2006 9:33 am, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 04:03:32PM +0200, Denis Vlasenko wrote:
> >In the fresh tree:
> >
> ># make allnoconfig
> >/.share/usr/src2/bbox/busybox.tst/e2fsprogs/Makefile.in:72: FIXME: change
> > .c to include their stuff relative to
> > /.share/usr/src2/bbox/busybox.tst/e2fsprogs make: *** virtual memory
> > exhausted.  Stop.
>
> What version of make yre you using?
> How much RAM does that box have?
> What is your ulimit -a ?

I tried to reproduce this by firing up my Red Hat 9 test image (which is on
busybox.net/downloads/qemu) with 64 megs of ram (-m 64), did a wget of last
night's snapshot (http://busybox.net/downloads/busybox-snapshot.tar.bz2),
extracted it, and did a make defconfig.

It blew up so hard chunks wound up embedded in the wall.  Makefile:248
complains about every single Makefile.in in the entire tree not being found,
and then it dies.

I notice that line 248 is more residue of the "modules" approach, which I
asked to be separated out, and was told had been separated out.  Did I
misunderstand?