Cannot automatically load modules

colin colin at realtek.com.tw
Thu Mar 2 02:45:26 UTC 2006

Hi Yann,
I use Busybox 1.1.0。
/proc/sys/kernel/modprobe already has value "/sbin/modprobe"。

Linux kernel has config "CONFIG_KMOD" on, and I use devfs for device files.
It is strange that "ifconfig eth0 up" will fail, but "modprobe eth0" will be
ok.
In fact, Linux KMOD facility will finally invoke /proc/sys/kernel/modprobe,
that is, /sbin/modprobe.
I donot know why using "/sbin/modprobe" on shell is ok, but kernel using it
will fail.
Should I ask this question on Linux kernel mailing list?

Regards,
Colin