Resolving the licensing issues.

Jason Schoon floydpink at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 18:18:50 UTC 2006

Rob,

I agree with all said in this thread, except this: "The _only_ license we
can use is GPL."  That probably should be worded along the lines of "GPL, or
less restrictive license like BSD".

That may be too open, we may just want to explicitly state several that are
options, GPL, LGPL, BSD.  Any of those licenses should be compatible with
GPL, and therefore be acceptable.  I wouldn't want to reject anyone's patch
because they gave it to us with a BSD license, which actually has fewer
restrictions than GPL.

In any case, the resultant code is absolutely licensed under the GPL.  It
may actually be dual-licensed, but the license we release it as is GPL.