[CFT][patch] buildsys touch-up and standalone applets

Bernhard Fischer rep.nop at aon.at
Wed Mar 1 17:25:48 UTC 2006

On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 12:04:32PM -0500, Rob Landley wrote:
>On Wednesday 01 March 2006 4:17 am, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
>
>> >+# generic rules
>> >+%.o:  %.c ; $(compile.c)
>> >
>> >you should add some rules for %.i and %.s generation too ;)
>>
>> /me nods. Will do
>
>Um, hang on.
>
>Why do we need any of those, again?  (I thought make had 'em built-in?)

vda wants the %.s one (and iirc the %.i one, too).

We need this since the built-in rules don't do our pretty printing.

As said, please don't apply vda's make.patch which added these two
rules, i will add it along that buildsys-touchup for which i'm still
waiting for your "go" for me to check it in......

See this thread for details.
PS: Remember that you were not too happy with me applying this rather
big patch before 1.1.1 is out. To recap, i'm still waiting for either
you letting me know that i can apply it _now_ or you releasing 1.1.1