Pending patches status?

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Mar 1 16:59:47 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 01 March 2006 1:43 am, Denis Vlasenko wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>
> I produced and posted some patches in few previous weeks.
> IIRC only one of them was applied (static.patch).
>
> I have no problem with patches being rejected or deferred,
> but most of them produced no reply.

Sorry, I've been a little overwhelmed recently.  Trying to get 1.1.1 out and
worry about everything else afterwards.  (I should have gotten it out a
couple _weeks_ ago...)

> I do like to have at least some reply in order to know
> what to do next.
>
> Patches are at http://195.66.192.167/linux/bbox/

Okay, let's take a look...

Messing with fdisk is deferred until 1.1.2, and I'd prefer the rewrite
approach.

The free patch looks good, but huge and complicated.  Let's see...  With any
change this big there's a few questionable bits (the ifupdown_main() bits,
for example), but in general it looks ok.  Applied.

The make.patch one didn't get applied because the .o and .s bits at the end
belong in Rules.mak.  (What are they for, anyway?)

Rooting around in my back email I'm mfailing to come up with descriptions for
these patches right now.  (I mentioned I have a cold?)  Could you do a brief
descrption of what each set (wget, top, and hdparm) tries to accomplish?