thoughts on reorganizing BB menuconfig structure?

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sat Mar 25 02:21:55 UTC 2006

On Friday 24 March 2006 4:34 am, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Mar 2006, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > On Thursday 23 March 2006 14:39, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> > >   the biggest problem, i think, is the arbitrary grouping of so many
> > > entries under "Coreutils", "Linux System Utilities" and "Miscellaneous
> > > Utilities."  some thoughts (some large, some small):
> >
> > the groupings arent arbitrary, they correspond to the actual
> > upstream packages
>
> ok, i see.  now it becomes clearer.

I noted in the readme that we replace bzip2, coreutils, e2fsprogs, file,
findutils, gawk, grep, inetutils, less, modutils, net-tools, procps, sed,
shadow, sysklogd, sysvinit, tar, util-linux, and vim.  (I note that this list
should have gzip and patch added to it.)

We don't have directories for all of those packages.