Taskset isn't just a warning on Red Hat 9...

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sat Jun 24 22:43:01 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 21 June 2006 10:15 am, walter harms wrote:
> since it is selectable via menuconfig, what about a line like
> "Note: Your System must support cpu_set_t"
>
> If the user says 'yes'  guess he knows what he is doing.
> problem solved.

A) I want defconfig to build without warnings or build breaks.  If we managed
to do this for mdev on 2.4 kernels and setarch on 32 bit machines, then
taskset doesn't belong in the darn system for yet _another_ reason if we
can't make this work.

B) Anything for which the answer is "people who aren't interested in this must
still understand it in order not to get bitten by it", it goes.