compile zcip w/o busybox (v1.1.3)

Steven Scholz steven.scholz at imc-berlin.de
Fri Jun 23 07:00:16 UTC 2006

Rob,

>> in order to compile zcip *without* busybox as the source code suggests
>>
>>  * This can build as part of BusyBox or by itself:
>>  *
>>  *      $(CROSS_COMPILE)cc -Os -Wall -DNO_BUSYBOX -DDEBUG -o zcip zcip.c
>
> I just removed that, and did some other quick cleanups to it.  (It could use
> more, but not right now...)

You just removed the comment? Or the complete NO_BUSYBOX stuff from zcip.c?

I need zcip but I don't want to move to 1.1.3 nor a newer version of
busybox. For now BusyBox v1.00 works fine.
And since a problem in 1.1.3 tail breaks my boards, I am realy afraid of
updating to 1.1.3 TBH. (see thread "tail -c 1 /dev/mtd3 hangs (v1.1.3)")

So the best way for me seems to go on using v1.00 + standalone zcip from
busybox-snapshot (as zcip in 1.1.3 is broken).

So is it still possible to (easily) build a busybox applet as standanlone?

Thanks,

--
Steven