[patch] various bugs and strncpy abuse followup

Erik Hovland erik at hovland.org
Thu Jun 8 23:57:25 UTC 2006

On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 12:03:57AM +0200, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
> It would be nice if you'd use (GNU)diff's -p if you send a batch

I was actually using svn diff (which is their own implementation).
Fortunately they have this snazzy --diff-cmd argument that makes it
possible to do anything you want in the diff command.

I do not as of yet have all of the comments integrated that everyone has
made. But I wanted to respond to this particular comment since I had
something to help others in preparing patches.

So anyhow, I made a wrapper script (attached) which should produce
prpoer diffs for busybox in a form that Bernhard and others can find a
litle easier to follow.

You can use it with subversion by just typing:
svn diff --diff-cmd=/path/to/diffwrapper <typical svn diff args>

Thanks

Erik Hovland
mail: erik AT hovland DOT org
web: http://hovland.org/