Busybox: Add check_usage & mod_in_use code to rmmod

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at anciens.enib.fr
Thu Jun 8 17:33:40 UTC 2006

Rob, Robert, all,

On Wednesday 07 June 2006 023, Rob Landley wrote:
> It looks reasonable to me, but it needs to be a CONFIG option to get merged.
> (Can't have a size penality for people who can get along without it...)
>
> I generally try to bounce modules stuff off of Yann Morin, since that's his
> stomping grounds.  Hey Yann, this look reasonable to you?

I like it to check for module's usage count.
I don't like it to use goto's (but I can live with it :-) ).
Why this next_field function? Couldn't we simply use some pattern matching?
bloatcheck says +505 bytes.

Here is the patch re-diffed against svn 15341, with the CONFIG option.
Note: only re-diffed and compiled...

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

PS. Rob (landley!),
insmod/rmmod are a bit too complex for me to handle/understand. modprobe is my
playground, yes, and I shall stick there. One time I'll have to dig in there,
but for the time-being, I'll just postspone this scaring moment... :-/

Plus I'm so heavily stressed at work in those days that I'm reluctant at
powering up my machines once I'm back home. :-( (But I'll have a look at those
modprobe bugs in the WE.)

YEM.
| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |   ^                |
| web: ymorin.free.fr | SETI at home 3808 | / \ HTML MAIL    |  """  conspiracy.  |