making "test" an ash built-in

Paul Fox pgf at brightstareng.com
Thu Jun 8 15:24:49 UTC 2006

rob wrote:
 > One suggestion though: rather than moving the coreutils/test.c into libbb,
 > might it make more sense to move it into the shell directory instead?  (Along
 > with its config option?)
 >
 > I'm thinking that all the traditional shell builtins might belong in there
 > (echo, true...), along with one switch to say something like "provide
 > non-builtin versions too" for all of them.

i think this is a good idea.  in fact, how about if i move the echo and
test applets into the shell subdirectory in their entirety -- i.e.,
    mv coreutils/{echo,test}.c libbb/bb_{echo,test}.c shell

the applets will then be near the "library" parts, and they'll both
be near the shells.  i think this will clean up the config somewhat,
since now there are echo (with test soon to follow) selections
in two different submenus.  you'd still be able to build the echo
and test applets independently, but you'd need to go the shell dir
to do it.

paul
 paul fox, pgf at brightstareng.com