Inetd will not start telnetd

Fierst, Timothy M timothy.m.fierst at lmco.com
Tue Jun 6 16:53:40 UTC 2006

Yeah, I tried different combinations of etc/services, all with the line
"telnet 23/tcp" in them.  Made sure the file was readable to all.

I think the real problem is with my dynamic libnsss_* libraries.  If my
inetd.conf file changes from:

telnet stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/telnetd telnetd

to:

23 stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/telnetd telnetd

everything works fine.  I have all my libnsss_* files in my /lib/
directory, but maybe there is more to it than that.  My busybox is
linked statically but with glibc, the libnsss_* can only be linked
dynamically.

-Tim