why does "svn log" not show all log entries?

Dave Hylands dhylands at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 18:56:36 UTC 2006

Hi Robert,

I accidentally replied just to you and so your reply was just to me.
This is going to the list as well.

> > >  i guess i've never noticed this before but doing a simple "svn log"
> > > doesn't show me *all* BB log entries.  am i missing an option
> > > somewhere?
> >
> > I believe that it shows you all of the log entries for all of the
> > files which were modified in the directory that you're in and below.

> but i'm running that command from the top level of the BB tree.  can
> someone else try this and tell me what happens?  i'm just running
>
> $ svn log | less

busybox isn't the root of the tree. If you checkout higher up in the
tree then 15747 appears. The following directories appear beside
BusyBox:

NIST-PCTS/
buildroot/
busybox/
docs/
tinylogin/
uClibc/
uClibc++/
udhcp/
udhcp-web/

>  note how r15747 is not listed.  what am i doing wrong?  thanks.

svn log -r 15747 -v

shows the following (which was outside the busybox tree which is why
you didn't the commit listed).

r15747 | andersen | 2006-07-26 12:11:36 -0700 (Wed, 26 Jul 2006) | 5 lines
Changed paths:
   M /trunk/buildroot/package/tinyx/tinyx.mk

patch from Biucchi Gabriele:
Some programs (like rxvt) need x-includes and x-libraries in
$(STAGING_DIR)/usr/X11R6/ , but tinyx.mk does not install anything there.
copy everything from $(TINYX_DIR)/exports/ into $(STAGING_DIR)/usr/X11R6/

Dave Hylands
Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://www.DaveHylands.com/