troubles switching from 1.1.3 to todays snapshot

Clem Taylor clem.taylor at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 18:47:41 UTC 2006

Hi,

I recently added stat to my busybox 1.1.3 build and it is segfaulting
in strnlen() via a printf(), so I thought I'd try out the snapshot and
I've run into a bit of a build problem.

.../buildroot/build_mipsel/busybox/include/shadow_.h:23:20: shadow.h:
No such file or directory

shadow_.h hasn't changed in a significant way since 1.1.3, it looks
like the problem is elsewhere.

I put an '#if defined CONFIG_FEATURE_SHADOWPASSWDS' around the
shadow.h include and the compile fails in passwd.c. This code was
switched from using an #ifdef to an if, and was assuming that 'struct
spwd' exists.

You can't set CONFIG_USE_BB_SHADOW if you don't have
CONFIG_FEATURE_SHADOWPASSWDS set. If I force on the
CONFIG_USE_BB_SHADOW path in shadow_.h, then busybox compiles.

So, what is the proper way to configure busybox if you don't have
shadow support in your libc?

                            --Clem