[gmail] how to use telnet in busybox

Marc Leeman marc.leeman at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 07:20:56 UTC 2006

>     I'm using busybox-1.00 now,and I want to use the telnet in my board.
>     I chosed Support for SUID/SGID handling ,and inetd telnetd in the
> configuration.And in /etc I added an empty busybox.conf.
>     But when the system booted and started inetd and telnetd,when I telnet the
> board from my PC,I got the error message:

I really would not use telnetd in any new firmware. IMHO there is little
valid reason to do so; you should instead use dropbear. Next to
encrypting the communication between the client and the server, it is
not that big and it will add a lot of functionality (e.g. scp). With
e.g. WinSCP, even windows users can drag and drop files from the target
to the host.

--
  greetz, marc
I don't think Pilot's in a Leviathan for Dummies mood right now..