umount -a errors

Sean Richards richardss at lvl.co.nz
Fri Jul 21 01:59:04 UTC 2006

Hi,

Have build a system using Busybox 1.2 and a 2.6.17.1 kernel. On halt or
reboot busybox umount gives an error saying 'unmount: Couldn't umount
/:No such file or directory'. I have included below as much information
as I think is relative. Any more information needed please let me know.

Cheers, Sean

[/etc/fstab]
/dev/hdb1        /                reiserfs    defaults         0   0
devpts           /dev/pts         devpts      defaults         0   0
proc             /proc            proc        defaults         0   0

[/etc/init.d/rcS]
#!/bin/sh
# mount
/bin/mount -t proc /proc /proc
/bin/mount -o remount, rw /
/bin/mount -a

[/etc/inittab]
::sysinit:/etc/init.d/rcS

::askfirst:-/bin/sh
tty2::askfirst:-/bin/sh
tty3::askfirst:-/bin/sh

::restart:/sbin/init

# Reboot when ctrl-alt-del keys are pressed.
::ctrlaltdel:/sbin/reboot
::shutdown:/bin/umount -a

[output from 'mounts']
/dev/root on / type reiserfs (rw)