[SVN] maintenance branch for 1.2.x

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Thu Jul 20 17:33:20 UTC 2006

On Thursday 20 July 2006 1:01 am, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Monday 10 July 2006 17:12, Yann E. MORIN wrote:
> > I was looking at the subversion tree and saw no branch for the 1.2.x
> > series.
>
> ive created the missing busybox_1_2_0 tag but i'm afraid
> creating/maintaining a branch is pointless ... Rob wont use it, so having
> source code in there doesnt really benefit anyone and gives the illusion of
> being useful -mike

An svn branch doesn't do _me_ any good.

I just attended a git presentation here at OLS and spent 20 minutes talking to
Matt Mackall about Mercurial.  I plan to play with those after I get back.
(I've already got the complete svn history broken out as a series of patches,
so importing the history into a new SCM is trivial. :)