CROSS_COMPILE

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at anciens.enib.fr
Mon Jul 17 16:04:32 UTC 2006

Thomas,
All,

On Monday 17 July 2006 171, Thomas Fröhlich wrote:
> Why did someone erase the configs USING_CROSS_COMPILER &
> CROSS_COMPILER_PREFIX in revision r1559?

You can now either use a file named .config.mk, or pass the values as make
arguments, a-la kernel:

$ make CROSS_COMPILE=gcc-prefix-

So it becomes easier to compile for different targets without re-configuring:

$ make O=target1.build CROSS_COMPILE=target1-prefix-
$ make O=target2.build CROSS_COMPILE=target2-prefix-

> I think this was a nice feature!

While I do agree using a menu-driven interface is usefull, I have to agree that
configuring the compiler prefix and flags do not belong to the configuration.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |   ^                |
| web: ymorin.free.fr | SETI at home 3808 | / \ HTML MAIL    |  """  conspiracy.  |