Busybox fail to create the links

Claudio Roberto Cussuol claudio at brazilfw.com.br
Mon Jul 17 14:37:03 UTC 2006

On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 18:39:55 -0400, Rob Landley wrote:
> On Sunday 16 July 2006 2:21 pm, Claudio Roberto Cussuol wrote:
>
>> The problem is those links are not working. For example, to make
>> this ls i typed: /bin/busybox ls -l /bin
>>
>> There is the ls link pointing to busybox binary, but if i type
>> just ls it do not work. CONFIG_INSTALL_APPLET_SYMLINKS=y and
>> PREFIX="./install"
>>

> Are the symlinks in your $PATH?
>
> Rob

Set command says my PATH environment variable is:
PATH='/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin'

I gues this is the default.

All the links are in their default location, most of them on /bin
Busybox binary is in the /bin folder too.

It really seams to be a path problem because i can get the output from the
command /bin/busybox but cannot when i type just busybox

Does we have any change in this behavior from 1.0 to 1.2?