init and reboot

Lei Sun leisun124 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 04:51:32 UTC 2006

Hi all:
  I compiled busybox-1.2.0 for my PPC board (mpc8275). I used
busybox's init function. But I can't seem to get reboot work. nothing
happened after typing "reboot" or "halt" or "poweroff".
  Another weird thing is "mount" doesn't show anything. Although there
are file system mounted such as "proc".
  I tried using sysvinit package with no luck, couldn't even get login
console because it failed to run the init script , for some reason.
  Anyway, can any one shed some lights on me ? How to make the reboot work?

Thanks

ls