Patch for BusyBox httpd

Bernhard Fischer rep.nop at aon.at
Tue Jul 11 12:00:07 UTC 2006

On Tue, Jul 11, 2006 at 12:19:43PM +0200, Richard Braun wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Here are two patches for BusyBox httpd (stable 1.1.3 release) which
>respectively add support for interpreters outside of /cgi-bin/
>(something very useful for lots of PHP based applications) and

>write the PID of the master process into /var/run/httpd.pid
>(I have found no way to force httpd to stay in the foreground,
>and no option to make it write the PID somewhere). These patches

I believe that you should use start-stop-daemon -m /var/run/httpd.pid -x
..... to create pidfiles. To me, it doesn't make sense to equip the
individual daemons with redundant functionality (introducing
x{read,write}_pidfile and using that also sounds like a bad idea to me).

Put short: NAK for the pidfile thing and shrug for the interpreters, in
my POV