should all BB code be GPL?

Tito farmatito at tiscali.it
Mon Jul 10 11:56:06 UTC 2006

On Monday 10 July 2006 13:20, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   i was just about to write a perl script to go through the source
> files and replace any GPL-related verbosity with the single-line
> boilerplate for brevity until i read this in libbb/change_identity.c
> (sorry about the ugly re-formatting, you can blame pine):
>
> ===================================
> /*
>  * Copyright 1989 - 1991, Julianne Frances Haugh
> <jockgrrl at austin.rr.com>
>  * All rights reserved.
>  *

snip

> OF
>  * SUCH DAMAGE.
>  */
> =======================================
>
>   i don't see any reference to the GPL here.  what should i assume?
>
> rday

You will find the same header also in:

file:///root/Desktop/busybox.orig/libbb/correct_password.c (rewritten: patch pending, and a new one I'm working on now but not ready yet)
file:///root/Desktop/busybox.orig/libbb/pwd2spwd.c (to be removed: patch pending)
file:///root/Desktop/busybox.orig/libbb/restricted_shell.c
file:///root/Desktop/busybox.orig/libbb/run_shell.c
file:///root/Desktop/busybox.orig/libbb/setup_environment.c

it was also in:

file:///root/Desktop/busybox.orig/libbb/obscure.c
but this one was already rewritten and is now GPL.

Ciao,
Tito