Comments on svn 15657?

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Thu Jul 6 17:27:04 UTC 2006

I added a couple of minor patches in
http://busybox.net/downloads/patches/svn-15657.patch

This saves a little over 1100 bytes building defconfig on Ubuntu, but I dunno
if it's bad against current uClibc.

I'm pondering a "prevent inlining" config option...

The other thing this brings up is it adds yet another "check_cc" staza which
is run every time Rules.mak is sucked in, and things like "make help" are
getting painfully slow.

Can anybody who's better at the build system than I am think of a way we can
write this stuff out to a .config.cc file that Rules.mak can include and only
regenerate (by calling the check_cc) stuff if it's not there?  I have a vague
idea how to go about it but would be happy to leave it to somebody who
already knows make well...