Building additional binaries

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Thu Jul 6 16:30:54 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 05 July 2006 11:20 am, Shaun Jackman wrote:
> The trend in Busybox has been to relegate configure options related to
> the build system into .config.mak, out of the make config system.
> Adding `all: busybox' to .config.mak works when building from the
> top-level directory, but breaks running make in other subdirectories.
> The top-level Makefile declares _all to be the default target before
> it includes .config.mak, but the subdirectories do not do this. So,
> adding an `all: busybox' to config.mak causes all -- instead of
> libbb.a, for example -- to become the default target for the
> subdirectories.

I tried to ask earlier if "busybox: busybox.bflt" to .config.mak fixed it
without screwing up subdirectories.  (Since those subdirectories shouldn't be
building the busybox target anyway, but that's what "all" points to at the
top level...)

If there was a reply, I missed it.  Not sure it went out, suspend/resume tends
to crash my machine from time to time (yes, on Ubuntu Daffy Duck.  I am so
looking forward to the new suspend architecture Linus is trying to beat
people over the head with until they listen...)