Name Service Switch (NSS) for LDAP user authentication - possible?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Thu Jan 26 20:21:21 UTC 2006

Wim Vinckier schrieb:
> On 1/26/06, Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo.org> wrote:
>
>>On Thursday 26 January 2006 12:52, Wim Vinckier wrote:
>>
>>>On http://tinylogin.busybox.net/TinyLogin.html there's some notice
>>>about ldap.  I think you'll find some extra info in the mailinglist of
>>>tinylogin.
>>
>>tinylogin isnt really released sep from busybox anymore
>>-mike
>>

> I know, but maybe there's some interesting stuff in the mailinglist.

Not really; LDAP was mentioned maybe once and I think more accidentally.

It's mentioned in the documentation of tinylogin however:

"If you want to do something more complicated, such as authenticating vs
a remote LDAP database, well tinylogin can work just fine with that type
of setup using GNU libc NSS, but setting it up is your problem, not mine."

However, I'm not sure what it means.

Should I try to compile glibc under uClibc to get libc NSS libraries?
That doesn't make much sense, does it?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org