Name Service Switch (NSS) for LDAP user authentication - possible?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Thu Jan 26 15:08:41 UTC 2006

Hello,

I'm just developing an "embedded domain controller".
It is based on Samba and OpenLDAP, and as an operating system in has
Linux OpenWRT / uclibc, which has busybox at its heart.

Samba doesn't like such environments very much, and it would be best if
it could fetch the users from an LDAP server.

As far as I understand, to do this, one needs Name Service Switch.

What steps do I have to take to add Name Service Switch to a
busybox-based distribution, so that the system could get the users and
groups from an LDAP server?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org