question on development tree

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Jan 25 21:55:10 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 24 January 2006 13:43, Kumar Gala wrote:
> From what I can tell it appears that 1.1.1 work is being done on the trunk
> of the subversion tree.  Is this correct?  If not how/where is 1.1.1
> development being done.

It's pretty much being done in the trunk of the development tree.  You know
how 2.6 isn't forking off a -devel branch?  What's in the tree has to _work_,
and if it doesn't work we have to _fix_ it.

1.1.1 may ship next week.  I need to get mount fixed (-a and -o,remount are
between the two of them a largeish logic change that I have mostly worked out
now), fix the reboot/halt/shutdown stuff (mostly done, but Roberto Foglietta
came up with a better way and that's what I'll check in when I get home)...

The fixes that already went into mdev are good.  Vladimir checked in dnsd and
fixed some of the bugs from the bug list.  Several new applets went in, but
new applets shouldn't break existing stuff.  (Might shuffle some stuff into
the debugging menu in menuconfig, like the libbb.so stuff there's no use case
for yet, and the SUSv2 obsolete stuff.)

I was planning on holding off for a couple months, but several people find
rather noticeable bugs, and those should be resolved and new release pushed
out so we can tell people "upgrade, it's clearly better than what we had".