Moving the applet directories.

Bernhard Fischer rep.nop at aon.at
Tue Jan 24 08:50:18 UTC 2006

On Mon, Jan 23, 2006 at 01:13:19PM -0600, Rob Landley wrote:
>On Monday 23 January 2006 10:58, Yann E. MORIN wrote:
>> I couldn't sync up my local directory, as files have moved and something
>> has changed in all Makefiles. The patch (which I never submitted) was
>> _HUGE_ and incomplete because svn doesn't cope well with directory deletion
>> (the deleted directory doesn't appear in the diff between two revisions, as
>> if its content were unchanged).

Just do:
$ svn delete init
D         init/init_shared.h
D         init/Makefile.in
D         init/init.c
D         init/poweroff.c
D         init/halt.c
D         init/Config.in
D         init/init_shared.c
D         init/reboot.c
D         init/mesg.c
D         init/Makefile
D         init
$ svn diff --diff-cmd diff -x -rduNp > /busybox.remove_init.diff

>Yeah, I'm not sure svn is up to this kind of shuffle.  I'd have to bug Erik
>about it.
>
>> I also saw you (Rob) said e2fsprogs needed some kind of clean-up.
>
>Two kinds.
>
>1) It's not endian-safe.  It produces reversed filesystems on ppc.
>2) It requires make 3.80, which none of the rest of the tree does.  (If we're
>going to support the 2.4 kernel we should probably still at least have a
>workaround to use older build tools.)
3) It is not build with CONFIG_BUILD_AT_ONCE

Rob, please *do* update your copy of the tree before you move
files around! Your tree is obviously enough out of date that you removed
my changes to sysdeps/linux/Config.in to add libbusybox support and
CONFIG_BUILD_AT_ONCE.

Please fix this, TIA.
PS:
(svn diff  --diff-cmd diff -x -rduNp -r '13346:13542' and look for the
affected files sysdeps/linux/Config.in vs. the new toplevel Config.in)