How to test busybox (within a live CD)

Roberto A. Foglietta me at roberto.foglietta.name
Tue Jan 24 08:44:46 UTC 2006

Rob Landley ha scritto:
> Shortly after the new qemu came out, I downloaded the Red Hat 7.2 iso images
> and installed them into an image file.  I have Red Hat 7.2 running in an
> 800x600 window, so I can test building busybox under it.

  http://www.roberto.foglietta.name/pub/SLAX-LEDE-v506-beta2.iso

  This live could be used in QEMU or from real hw, in both case after it
boots you have:

  - a X with a light wm       			(optional)
  - a qemu with kernel acceleration enabled  	(if X is active)
  - a development enviroment

  If you boot from cdrom write on lilo prompt:

  slax load=bbsource
  open a xterm
  cd /usr/src/busybox-1.1.0
  make defconfig
  make

  If want use qemu, do these:

  qemu -cdrom slax_devel.iso

  write "qemu load=bbsource" at lilo prompt.

  Others cheatcodes are documented here:

  http://slax.linux-live.org/cheatcodes.php

  Cheers,
--