Fun with shutdown, halt, and reboot.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue Jan 24 05:49:32 UTC 2006

So following up on Erik's objection earlier...

The find_pid_by_name() bit only works if /proc is mounted.  Meaning a system
with initrd support enabled can only halt, reboot, or power off if /proc is
mounted.

I'm not sure we've entirely thought through that one...

Rob

(I'm fixing it, in my copious free time.  I already have halt/reboot/poweroff
merged into one applet so I won't have to fix it three times.  And I added -f
and -d support while I'm at it...)