bb 1.1.0 fais to build fancy sort applet

Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn cristian.ionescu-idbohrn at axis.com
Mon Jan 23 22:09:38 UTC 2006

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006, Rob Landley wrote:

> And you're sure your cross compiler is working properly?

Didn't fail me until now :(
Debian distributed:

ii  uclibc-toolchain 0.9.27-1       A compiler wrapper for uClibc
ii  libuclibc0       0.9.27-1       A small implementation of the C library
ii  libuclibc-dev    0.9.27-1       A small implementation of the C library

> Then you're changing your build in a way glibc doesn't need.

Whatever.  It seems to be needing that, so I give it that.

> Why is this not a uClibc bug?

Good question.

> > /usr/i386-uclibc-linux/bin/i386-uclibc-linux-gcc -lm ...
> >
> > everything is dandy. Any plans on fixing this one?
>
> Well, it did prompt svn 13530, but I doubt that's what you want.
>
> We have needlibm-y (used in miscutils and editors right now), so this
> wouldn't be hard to fix.  But the big sort on glibc doesn't need this.
> I know that the man pages for isnan() says to link against libm, but it
> seems like it's actuall getting some kind of inline out of the headers
> or something.
>
> Could we get a ruling from the uClibc guys on this one?

That would be fine with me.

> (What uClibc version are you using?  Let me confirm this is still a
> requirement with the most recent version.  If so, I'll throw in the
> unnecessary link...)

See above.

Cheers,
Cristian