More fun building busybox under Red Hat 7.3.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon Jan 23 21:43:18 UTC 2006

On Monday 23 January 2006 13:49, Bertrand Mollinier Toublet wrote:
> The way I see it, support for older distros will come when someone with
> the need for such support (possibly me--that is, my company) will
> provide a patch that will be approved.

I look forward to that patch.

> We tried to upgrade from BB 1.0 to 1.1 just for e2fsprogs support (oh,
> the irony), but we can't drop legacy distribution support. Right now,
> we'll support e2fsprogs another way, but should we decide to move to
> 1.1, we will need to address legacy distribution support. At that time,
> a patch for the e2fsprogs Makefile might come your way :-)

At this point I'm starting to view 1.1.0 as a -pre release that people
actually _test_.  The mount -a and mdev breakages mean you can't quite use it
as the basis for an initramfs, which is what I was hoping for.  I'm trying to
move 1.1.1 up to February, and _that_ should have the bugs fixed.  Once I get
something that everybody should upgrade to, I'm putting out a release
announcement touting all the benefits.  (Yet another thing I need to write
up...)

Send me bug fixes that you want merged.  I've got a full stack to review this
evening, but I'll get to it...