[gmail] busybox telnetd

Marc Leeman marc.leeman at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 19:27:42 UTC 2006

> /# telnetd ( I've also tried with telnetd -l /bin/login )

If you can, you should consider using dropbear (sshd) instead of a
telnetd if you can. It adds a bit more security (encrypted communication)
and extra functionality, even for windows users.

The image is only slightly larger, you can use ssh keys and putty
(windows client) doesn't even need installation but can be run from the
desktop.

Since we have no persistent storage on our boards, the keys are
generated @startup; after all the other services are started (and custmo
firmware).

We switched over more than a year ago and never looked back.

--
  greetz, marc
You're going to take my memories and I'm going to talk gibberish? Why