Ok guys, test svn 13222. It's 1.1.0-rc1.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue Jan 10 19:40:44 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 10 January 2006 02:22, Roberto A. Foglietta wrote:
> Rob Landley ha scritto:
>
>   [cut]
>
> > 0000615  6  Other  major  sed convert 0x00 to 0x0a
> >
> > No, it's not major.  It's actually very minor.  There are a couple of
> > other sed tests that fail, and I'm sure reading the susv3 spec and doing
> > a proper audit (by which I mean finishing the testsuite) will find plenty
> > more.  I intend to fix it but won't hold up the release for it.  I need
> > to spend a weekend just on sed sometime.
>
>   Sorry, I put it at major just because I used sed to modify a
> executable binary and sed destroy it in unrecoverable way... but I can
> imagine it is not an "usual" way in which sed is used or executable
> binary are changed. In the future I will think much more about "corner
> case" and at that time I supposed admin could change the severity level.

It's definitely a real bug, and I definitely intend to fix it, I'm just not
holding up the release for it.

> > One reason the bug generator is such a sparkling dinner companion is
> > there's no way to re-categorize these things.  Not that attempting to
> > sort them actually works anyway...
>
>   free suggestion:
>   http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/

Yeah, I've heard of that.  But I have to work with what Erik set up (which is
a good thing because otherwise I'd never get around to putting up much
infrastructure.  I usually only put much time into sysadminning when I've got
somebody breathing down my neck...)