busybox init and rcS

hinko.kocevar at cetrtapot.si hinko.kocevar at cetrtapot.si
Mon Jan 9 08:58:42 UTC 2006

Rob Landley wrote:

>>I'm trying to run busybox on axis etrax CPU based board. I've configured
>>and compiled busybox with its init applet. System boots but it doesn't
>>pass sysinit call in inittab.
>

> Define "pass".  Doesn't attempt to call sysinit?  Tries but errors out?  Tries
> and never returns?

pass would mean, that I get shell prompt - eg. after all init stuff is done.

It does a call to sysinit and /etc/init.d/rcS is executed (I've put some
echo lines in there to be sure). After this call it should continue with
other inittab entries and finaly produce a shell prompt - correct me if
wrong. So it would seem that it tries and executes, but never returns
from sysinit call.

> Well, first off, could you try a current snapshot so we know we're working
> with fresh up-to-the-minute bugs?  (We're a couple days away from a new
> release.)

Sure, I'll give it a try with current snapshot and report.

thanks,
hinko

--
ČETRTA POT, d.o.o., Kranj