modprobe/insmod woes...

Jonathan Lyster info at jslyster.com
Sat Jan 7 05:53:43 UTC 2006

Folks;

I'm using busybox 1.10 pre1. modprobe still has a problem. Here's what I'm
seeing:

- use modprobe -s <any module>
- You'll see an error saying modprobe failed to load the module. However, if
you drop the -s switch, the module loads fine.

The problem seems to be when modprobe calls insmod; when I use -q, I see the
call string:

insmod -s <path-to-module>

Here's the trouble: insmod doesn't support the -s switch. So the solution is
either to tweak modprobe so it doesn't pass the switch to insmod, or tweak
insmod to support -s.

Regards;
   Jonathan

--

"Change is inevitable; Growth is optional."

JS Lyster
Tel: 604-487-9746
Email: info at jslyster.com
Web: www.jslyster.com