Is sed delete command broke?

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Jan 4 23:48:50 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 03 January 2006 15:31, Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Jan 2006, Chey wrote:
> > Sorry, I didn't mean to upset you.
>
> Don't worry. Some of us get upset for nothing ;-)

I'm upset because I fought with the pathologically mis-designed bug list again
(and it broke on me again, of course), and eventually after fighting with it
found out there are two new bugs but one of them is NOT A BUG, it's a feature
request that's been described on the list already, was in my personal todo
list (and an open window on my desktop, and a tagged message in my email
client), and would belong in the TODO list in svn if it wasn't currently
under discussion.  But no, they put it in the bug generator.  And thus I have
lost all interest in seeing it merged into 1.1.0.

And I am annoyed.  But that's normal when dealing with the bug generator.
Maybe I'll have recovered interest after my plane flight tomorrow.  (I know
that whoever put the entry into the bug generator wasn't thinking "ha, if
he's interested in clearing the bug list before shipping he now has to take
this feature to close this bug!" but I still have an enormous knee-jerk
"screw it, this is not going into 1.1.0 if I have to _revert_ it" reaction
that I'm trying to fight off right now.)