tmpfs size option not working

Jason Schoon floydpink at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 23:10:45 UTC 2006

1.  This isn't a busybox issue.
2.  Is your kernel configured with tmps support, or is it using ramfs
instead?  In 2.6, that option is CONFIG_SHMEM.  Ramfs does not have any size
limiting support.

I use the following line in my fstab on my powerpc embedded system, running
a 2.6 kernel and Busybox:

tmpfs     /tmp    tmpfs    noauto,size=16M,mode=2777    0    0