new applet for busybox (dnsd)

Roberto A. Foglietta me at roberto.foglietta.name
Mon Jan 2 16:01:26 UTC 2006

Bernd Petrovitsch ha scritto:
> On Mon, 2006-01-02 at 16:52 +0100, Roberto A. Foglietta wrote:
> [...]
>
>>  the size of dnsd applets is 2672 bytes more and it is not compiled by
>>default config.  Actually is not SUIDED and stay in /usr/bin but I think
>>it has to be ALWAYS_SUID and move in /usr/sbin, don't you?
>

> How do you bind to port 53 without being root?

  Patch submitted are just modified with "suid always" and /usr/sbin.
  I tend to write mail text BEFORE writing apps (as todo) and sometime I
forget to modify it.

  In any case, dnsd actually is not tested at all so, NO_SUID should be
nice too (nice for tester I mean).  Without suid port > 1024 should be used.
  ;-)

  Cheers,
--
Roberto A. Foglietta