init and shutdown script

Aurelien Foret aurelien.foret at capgemini.com
Wed Jan 4 04:48:14 PST 2006

Hi all,

I've added a shutdown script in my inittab, with the SHUTDOWN action
type, in order to cleanly stop some processes upon shutdown.

 From init/init.c:
     /* run everything to be run at "shutdown".  This is done _prior_
      * to killing everything, in case people wish to use scripts to
      * shut things down gracefully... */
     run_actions(SHUTDOWN);

Unfortunately, these processes I'm trying to kill were previously
started by "init" itself (they are configured in inittab).
As a consequence, they becomes zombies with no possibility to be fully
reaped from my shutdown script.

Is there any way to get it working right?

Thanks in advance
Aurelien
--
Aurelien FORET