fdisk cleanup

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sat Feb 25 03:58:12 UTC 2006

On Friday 24 February 2006 10:31 pm, Garrett Kajmowicz wrote:
> Remove warning which is self-commented as being unneeded.  Currently we
> throw a warning if DOS partitions are not in disk order.  This is unneeded.
>  Let's get rid of it.  Also clarity ws addition.

Actually, I believe there's code in that mess somewhere that re-orders the
partitions if they're out of order (which breaks dell's hidden bios partition
thing).  I ranted about that back in November...

Could you check and see if this really is a useless warning or a "I'm going to
do something stupid" warning?

(I honestly think that the best use the current fdisk code can serve is
something you read to learn how to partition stuff, then start over from
scratch writing a new (sane) implementation.  Easier than paring down this
monster.  But that's just how I'd approach it...)