fdisk change to convert to globals

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sat Feb 25 03:54:16 UTC 2006

On Friday 24 February 2006 10:17 pm, Garrett Kajmowicz wrote:
> Up until now, fdisk used 4 flags to keep track of what type of partition
> table it was accessing.  This is just dumb.  These are mutually exclusive.
> As such, and single enum is sufficient to hold which type of partition
> table we are editing.
>
> The over text size of the code goes up, line count and binary size go down.

It does indeed.  (Confirmed with make sizes.)

Applied.

Query: would you and Dennis like to coordinate on the general
dismantling/replacing of the current fdisk mess?  (Basically talk to each
other so you don't stomp on each other?)

It would be really nice if we someday had fdisk, sfdisk, and cfdisk interfaces
to the same underlying partitioning engine.  (I can dream, can't I?)