[RFC] CodingStyle

David Seikel won_fang at yahoo.com.au
Fri Feb 24 06:06:44 UTC 2006

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 21:48:26 +0000 Andy Green <andy at warmcat.com> wrote:

> Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > On Thursday 23 February 2006 14:33, Andy Green wrote:
> >> each new rule makes it harder for people to contribute.
> >
> > if you've ever looked at some of the stuff that's been merged,
> > you'll see that rarely do we reject code because of its style
>
> Sounds good then.
>
> I was just looking at GNU indent, if push comes to shove one could run
> it on the whole tree on checkout, then diff out the edits and patch
> them back into the un-indented source.

If you have a style guide, you really need a matching indent.pro or
equivalent.  It's not so important to automate it's use, it's only
important that there is one and it's in cvs.  A style guide without a
matching indent.pro is just a rant.

Oh, and not everybody uses vi and/or emacs, so stuff to support those is
not generally useful.

--
Stuff I have no control over could be added after this line.