[RFC] CodingStyle

Allan Clark allanc at chickenandporn.com
Thu Feb 23 16:57:21 UTC 2006

On 2/24/06, walter harms <wharms at bfs.de> wrote:

> Rob Landley wrote:
> > On Thursday 23 February 2006 6:40 am, Denis Vlasenko wrote:
> >> Anyway, it's irrelevant. Andy Green <andy at warmcat.com> pointed out
> >> that docs/style-guide.txt already exists. I missed it. My fault.
> >
> > That might need to be updated.  I should probably re-read it, because if
> > nothing else I suspect I'm ignoring noticeable chunks of it. :)
> >
> > But not before I get the #*%(&@% 1.1.1 release out...  (It's being
> stroppy.)

> I like CodingStyle discussions :)
> what are the necessary commandline options for indent ?

Yeah, I 'aol' you there: a functional .indent.pro is helpful, but if there's
a step-function unformatted->formatted demarc, then perhaps it should be
done as a single svn revision -- if there is some agreement made here, and
the coding styleguide is updated, then a config file for a suitable
formatting tool might be helpful.

I think ... was it .wrapper in CVS?  I liked formatting on the checkin, one
this demarc was passed, for my own group work... I should RTFM to see if SVN
does that :)

Whatever format is chosen, heck, look at my non-contribution, and give my
vote the non-weight it deserves...

Allan