[gmail] telnetd -> dropbear + fish

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Thu Feb 23 10:13:12 UTC 2006

Marc Leeman wrote:
>>   I run "telnetd" and always shows "Segmentation fault".
>> (inetd has been run). Do I miss something ?
>>   (busybox version is 1.1.0)
>
> I suggest you try dropbear (embedded sshd) instead of telnetd. It's not
> that much bigger and will give you much more functionality. And it's
> more secure.

Hi folks -

Good advice, but it reminds me of a problem I have with dropbear and
fish:// protocol in KDE: it can open files fine, but saving to a
busybox-1.1.1pre0 + dropbear 0.47 system gives a zero-length file and no
visible error.  scp and ssh work fine on the same setup.  Just wondered
if anyone had met this.

-Andy