Why can't I do this: uuencode -m /mnt/kd/xyz/myfile.csv > stuff ?

Jason Schoon floydpink at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 20:10:48 UTC 2006

Ye old man page:
http://www.die.net/doc/linux/man/man1/uuencode.1.htmlspecifies that in
the case specified above, you would also have to specify a
third argument of where you would like the data to go.  Otherwise, it goes
to stdout as you are seeing.

If only 1 argument is given, it is the output file, not input.  A bit
unusual for my taste, but that's how it should be.

I didn't look at the Busybox source to see if this is how it actually
behaves though, but it should at least explain why his initial example
didn't work as expected.